- Can I have the telephone number of a restaurant before placing an order?
- I don’t trust the internet and I’d rather place the order over the phone with you, can I?
- I want to pay by credit card but I prefer to give you the details over the phone, can I?
- How do I place an order?
- What do “delivery” and “collection” mean?
- I have placed an order for “collection” but I meant to place it for “delivery”, what now?
- I need to cancel my order, what do I do?
- I placed an order but I want to change it/add/remove something to it, how do I do that?
- I have a voucher (YAY!)…how do I use it?
- I placed an order after 23.00, it says on my receipt that it is not supervised…how do I know that it has been received? What if I have a problem.
- Can I pay by cash?
- What cards do you accept?
- My food wasn’t delivered and I paid by card, can I have a refund?
- The food is late / I haven’t received my food yet!
- The food was really bad quality, I want a refund!
- I am placing an order but I get a message saying “your card has been refused by the authorities”
- I placed two orders, only one went through but I was charged twice. What do I do?
- I was due a refund but I never received it, what’s up with that
1. Can I have the telephone number of a restaurant before placing an order?
We are an internet company and we are only allowed to give you the restaurant’s number after you have placed the order. In fact, you will get it via email together with the order confirmation. Brilliant, isn’t it?
2. I don’t trust the internet and I’d rather place the order over the phone with you, can I?
The preferred method to place an order is to do it our website directly. There is nothing to be afraid of, our website is secure and uses the latest technology to encrypt your information. Furthermore we do not store your card details as they are only used to authorize the payment. Our team also verifies any suspect transactions for your security, so if someone has stolen your card and is trying to place an order through Just-Eat we’ll bust them and report them to the police as well! Some users are afraid that by ordering through an internet website the order will be lost. We have a customer care department that makes sure every order goes out to the restaurant correctly so, no fear, we’ll take good care of your internet order!
3. I want to pay by credit card but I prefer to give you the details over the phone, can I?
It is much better and faster to simply use your card details on the website, Just-Eat uses the latest technology for encrypting data certified by Thawte, it is completely safe and it is just like paying in a shop. Furthermore it is not possible to complete an order without choosing a payment method. If you really don’t feel safe paying by card you can always choose the “Cash on delivery” method, which means you will pay by cash to the delivery man.
4. How do I place an order? It is very easy! Just follow the instructions here below:
- Input your postcode (i.e. M5V) in the “postcode” box that you can see here to the right.
- Click the “Search” button.
- You’ll be redirected to a page showing all the restaurants that deliver to your area. Choose the restaurant you want to order from and select:
- Delivery: if you want the food delivered to you.
- Collection: if you simply want to go and collect the food from the restaurant.
- You will be redirected to the menu page:
- Select the items you want to purchase by clicking the “+” button
- If you want to purchase more than “1” item you can input the amount in the number box
- You will see that all the items you select appear on the cart on the right side of the menu.
- When you are done with your choice, click “Proceed” on the cart.
- You will be redirected to the log-in page (unless you are logged in already) where you can either log-in or input your name & address details and become a member of Just-Eat. This is required to place the order, it takes 1 minute and it’s free!
- The next page is the payment section, here you can choose to pay by card (VISA, MC, and AmEx) or by Cash (Pay upon delivery). Click proceed after choosing the method you want to use from the drop-down menu.
- The next page will connect you directly with the restaurant through our Just-Connect technology. Here you will get an answer from the restaurant within 90 seconds.
5. What do “delivery” and “collection” mean?
Delivery: this means you are ordering the food online and it will be delivered by the restaurant directly to your doorstop…just sit back and relax, it’ll be there in no time.
Collection: this means that you will order the food online but you will go and collect it at the restaurant. It’s great if you are at work, about to leave, and you are passing by your favourite restaurant on the way home! Just order from your workplace and expect it to be ready at the restaurant in 15-20 minutes!
6. I have placed an order for “collection” but I meant to place it for “delivery”, what now?
Give us a call ASAP on 877 338 0568 , we will contact the restaurant and ask them if they are able to deliver it instead. Should there be any problems, we’ll contact you right away!
7. I need to cancel my order, what do I do?
Just give us a call on 877 338 0568, we will cancel the order for you!
8. I placed an order but I want to change it/add/remove something to it, how do I do that?
You have two options: You can try to call the restaurant and agree to make changes and pay the difference by cash directly.
- Since we send the orders immediately you can give us a call and cancel the order, then go back online and place another order.
9. I have a coupon code (YAY!)…how do I use it?
That’s great! It is very easy to use:
- Just place an order with your favourite restaurant,
- on the payment method, select to Card Payment method (VISA, MC or AmEx). Please note at this time we cannot take Interac orders. We are currently working on getting Interac for our customers.
- enter your coupon code in the appropriate field
- enjoy your discount! ;)
- NB: coupon codes can only be used when paying in combination with Credit/Debit cards
10. I placed an order after 23.00, it says on my receipt that it is not supervised…how do I know that it has been received? What if I have a problem?
Our customer care works from 9.00 to 23.00 every day. After closing time you can still place an order on Just-Eat and it will be sent automatically to the restaurant but it will not be supervised. If, for any reason, you suspect you order has not been received by the restaurant (if it’s coming too late for example) you should give them a call directly. You will find the telephone number of the restaurant in the email receipt you get from Just-Eat.
Of course you can! Just select “pay upon delivery” in the payment screen instead of a Card name. You will then pay directly at the restaurant or to the delivery man.
12. What cards do you accept?
We accept VISA, MASTERCARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS.
13. My food wasn’t delivered and I paid by card, can I have a refund?
You definitely can, here is how you do it:
- get your order number ready (or your order details such as the restaurant name and the time you placed the order at)
- give us a call and let us know. After we have confirmed with the restaurant that the order was not delivered, we will refund your money.
14. The food is late / I haven’t received my food yet!
Just-Eat is only responsible for forwarding the orders to the restaurants and has no control over the actual delivery and food quality as that is the restaurant’s responsibility. It is therefore best to contact the restaurant directly about these issues. You can find the restaurant’s phone number on the order receipt you get via email from Just-Eat.
15. The food was really bad quality, I want a refund! GRRR!!!
That is the restaurant’s responsibility and it’s always better to give them a call instead. Very often they will be happy to offer you a discount or some kind of compensation if they know you were not satisfied with your food. There is unfortunately nothing Just-Eat can do regarding compensations for the quality of food.
We also have a rating system on Just-Eat that allows you to express your opinion about the restaurant as well as checking the other users’ feedback before placing the order.
16. I am placing an order but I get a message saying “your card has been refused by the authorities”
This can happen for various reasons, here are a few examples:
- You have typed your card details wrong, try to delete them and type them back in correctly.
- You have tried to place the same order with the same restaurant twice or more, in order to avoid abuse of credit cards by unauthorized parties, double orders are canceled automatically. In this case you try ordering from another restaurant or pay by cash instead.
- Your card has expired
- There may be other reasons for which the card has been refused, most likely it is for your own security and safety.
17. I placed two orders, only one went through but I was charged twice. What’s the deal? What do I do now?
Ouch! This can happen sometimes for various reasons such as, for example, closing your browser while the payment is being authorized.
Please give us a call on 877 338 0568 from 9.00 to 17.00 (Monday to Friday), we’ll check our payment system and refund you the money that was paid by mistake.
18. I was due a refund but I never received it, what’s up with that?
First of all, have you checked that your money EVER LEFT your account? It is most likely that the money has never left the account at all and so it may seem as if you are not receiving the refund. What happens is, whenever you make an online purchase, the money is RESERVED and not TAKEN from your account. If a request for a refund is sent on the same day, it is possible that the RESERVATION gets cancelled and therefore the money will simply not leave your account at all. In that case, it will not show a “refund item” on your statement.
If, however, your money HAS been taken out of your account and you have not received a refund, contact us immediately so we can look further into the matter.